I can’t believe I’m back, writing another semesterly goals list. It seems so unreal to me, but I’m so excited to work on another one. For reference, I have the goal lists from last spring, the summer break, and this past fall linked in this post to see how far I’ve come. It’s always interesting to see how I progress every semester, and I can’t wait to see everything that I accomplish this semester coming up.
- Workout at least 3 times/week. This is one of my yearly goals, and I feel like it’s really important to keep up with it as soon as the semester starts. Over break, I’ve been really good about going for walks and runs, as well as riding my bike. With half-marathon training having started back up last week, I’d really like to maintain that schedule. Like I said in my running goals for the year, I want to set a PR in the half. Considering I ran a 2:30:something as the first half split of my marathon in November, I feel like sub-2:30 AND a PR are both within my reach with the proper training. I spent so many hours training for the full, I feel like I need to put in about that many to do well in the half.
- Make at least 2 Kiva loans. To stay on progress for my yearly goal, as well as to feel good about giving back for the semester. As a college student, it can sometimes be hard to part with my money. So the fact that I already have money invested that I can then reinvest, that makes it a lot easier – I’m not used to having that money in my account anyway.
- Get as close to a 4.0 as possible. I’ve made this goal during all the semester goal lists so far, and I’ve always come out with that 4.0 for the semester. But since I have recital stuff and half training, plus full training that starts a few weeks after the half, I know that I’m going to be really busy. I’m also in 6 ensembles this semester, so I might be going a little bit crazy and letting my academics slide a bit. I did really well last semester in prioritizing my mental health over my academics, and I hope to continue that this time around.
- Pay off my unsubsidized loan. I’d really like to get rid of this stupid thing before the end of this semester so that it can finally stop gaining interest. It’s going to be difficult since I’m only working about 10 hours a week this semester, so that’s less money coming in than semesters prior. But I’m hoping that selling some crafts might make me a little money on the side.
- Add to my geocaching maps. I’m hoping to make a day trip to get at least 4 more counties and 5 more DeLorme pages, at least the way I’ve planned it out. If I can get more than that, that’s great! But as it stands right now, I’d really like to take at least that one trip to get stuff done!
- Practice as much as physically possible. Since I have my recital coming up and my hands are still in a lot of pain during the winter, this is going to be a weird semester. All 6 of those ensembles are going to lead to a lot of practicing, plus for my two lessons and my recital. So I don’t want to hurt myself – this is why it’s such an ambiguous goal. Whatever my body can physically do, I want to do it.
What are some of your goals for the upcoming semester?